Oracle Corporation developed VM VirtualBox. Oracle VM VirtualBox is a type-2 hypervisor for x86 virtualization. We are talking about in this article how you can fix VirtualBox VM Session was closed before any attempt to power it on. If you are facing an error in VirtualBox that Failed to open a session for the virtual machine with the Result-Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) we will help you to fix this.
Generally, this error will be held when the user shuts down the host machine without shutting down the VM guest machine. If you want to fix this error then follow our given steps and solved VirtualBox VM Session was closed before any attempt to power it on.
3 ways to fix “The VM Session was closed before any attempt to power it on” error
- Remove the hard disk and CD drivers from the VM Storage option.
- Discard the saved state of the Virtual machine.
- Uninstall and re-Install Virtual Box.
Method 1: Remove the hard disk and CD drivers from the VM Storage option.
You can try to first remove hard disk and CD drivers from the VM Storage option.
- Go to VM storage option then click Windows10_Base.vdi
- Now click the remove option on the right of the bottom corner.
When you remove all storage then you can start the Virtual machine. You can see there are no bootable CD or hard disk attached so boot medium error will appear. After that shut down VM and then add a hard drive or CD. Now open your Virtual machine and you can see the error will be solved.
Method 2: Discard the saved state of the Virtual machine
If our first step did not help you fix VirtualBox VM Session was closed before any attempt to power it on, you can now try these steps. You can discard the saved state of the Virtual machine to fix the VirtualBox error problem. Follow these steps
- Go to the Virtual Machine and right-click on that.
- Select Discard Saved State option.
- Now start the Virtual Machine and check the Error problem.
Method 3: Uninstall and re-Install Virtual Box
If both the above methods do not work then follow the last method. Here we try to Uninstall and re-install the VirtualBox. Follow our instructions step by step:
- Open your Control Panel and click on VirtualBox.
- Then Uninstall the VirtualBox.
- After that reboot your computer.
- Now you can down the latest version of VirtualBox from Google.
- Double click on the download file and install it.
- When the installation is completed then restart your computer.
- After that open your VirtualBox manager and start the Virtual Machine.
- Proceed to install the Guest Additions if the Virtual Machine is open.
We hope your “The VM Session was closed before any attempt to power it on” problem will be fixed. If you have anything to say about your experience leave a comment.