Usually, when we work on Windows 11 operating system, we play our favourite songs. There are many cases due to the current situation in the world; we need to be in meetings. Something plays a fundamental role, and it is the volume.
We can use a moderate or high volume when we are inspired, but sometimes the volume in Windows 11 seems to have a life of its own as it goes up and down on its own. This logically affects any concentration and productivity, and the reasons can be varied; that is why we will take a series of steps to stabilize the volume in Windows 11 and be the ones who manage it.
We discuss all the steps you must follow to know how to solve that the Windows 11 volume goes up and down by itself, in several different ways, each one explained step by step.
How to Fix Volume Automatically Going Up / Down in Windows 11
Method 1: Through Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel from Start.
- In the Control Panel, select small icons and click on the “Sound” option.
- Select the current speaker and click on “Properties” in the next window, go to the “Improvements” tab, and validate that no box is active.
Method 2: Through Services
- In Windows 11, most of the functions are linked to services that allow them to work as they should; in this case, in the start search engine, enter “services”.
- Select the local Windows 11 services; select the “Windows Audio” service in the Services window.
- Double click on it to access its properties. Validate that the “Automatic” option is in the “Startup type” field.
Method 3: Through Device Manager
- An audio peripheral is related to a driver for its correct operation. So open the Device Manager from Start.
- Display the section “Sound and video controllers and game devices”, right-click on the controller and select the option “Update driver”.
- Click on “Browse my PC for drivers”. “Choose from a list of drivers available on the PC”.
- Then we are going to select the driver offered by Windows 11.
- Click Next to apply the changes.
Method 4: Through the Troubleshooter
- Windows 11 integrates a tool to give a comprehensive solution to problems of the different elements; this is the Troubleshooter. To use it, enter “solution” in the search engine.
- Select “Fix other problems”, then select “Audio playback” and click “Run”.
- This will continue the analysis. Click on “See detailed information” to clarify the process carried out.
These are the ways to regain control of the volume management in Windows 11. In this way, you will have solved the different problems that may arise with the speaker on the computer.