Microsoft is continuing with the small function updates for Windows 10. The package KB5003791 enables Windows 10 2004, 20H1 or 21H1 into Windows 10 21H2 19044, still based on the “Vibranium” code. They have released a new, non-security-relevant update (recently called the preview update) as KB5005611 for download. The update increases the version number to Windows 10 21H2 19044.1263. This update also fixes problems in Windows 10. The update is currently being made available on the Release Preview channel and will then be distributed to everyone later. The update itself is optional and the changes will then be integrated into the security-relevant update.
Windows 10 will be supported until October 2025 and it is expected that Microsoft will continue on the basis of Windows 10 19041 until then. Now Microsoft has now officially released the Packages in the Release Preview channel, so it looks, all upcoming updates that are provided for Windows 10 2004 to 21H1 will also be for Windows 10 21H2 from now on.
Windows 10 21H2 Update Tracker
Update September 23: Now you can get Windows 10 21H2 19044.1263 Build to the Release Preview Channel with KB5005611 patch update. If you are already running Windows 10 version 21H2, then you will update (KB5005611) automatically.
Update August 31: Microsoft has released an updated version of the KB5005101 patch that fixes the Windows Update issue. It also changes the version number to Windows 10 21H2 19044.1202. In addition, Windows 10 21H2 official ISO images are now available to download.
Update August 18: Microsoft has released 21H2 Build 19044.1200 (KB5005101) to the Release Preview Channel.
Update July 20: Windows 10, version 21H2 Build 19044.1149 (KB5004296) has been released to the Preview Channel. Microsoft has updated the non-security-relevant update, KB5004296, again and this changes the version number to Windows 10 19044.1149, 19043.1149, 19042.1149 and 19041.1149.
Update June 15: Microsoft has released 21H2 Build 19044.1147 (KB5004296) to the Release Preview Channel. This increases the version number to the version number on Windows 10 19044.1147, 19043.1147, 19042.1147 or 19041.1147.
Windows 10 21H2 ISO new features are
- Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows deployments for machine learning and other compute-intensive workflows.
- Windows Hello for Business supports simplified passwordless deployment models for achieving a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes
- Added a new policy that creates generic strings and removes branding-specific terms, for example, “Windows” or “PC”, for IoT Enterprise editions.
How to Get Windows 10 21H2 Update?
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 21H2 19044.1263 Build to those Insiders through “seeker” experience in Windows Update. This means these Insiders will have to head over to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Finally, they can choose to download and install 21H2.
Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO
- Visit Microsoft’s official direct link to get the 21H2 ISO image (Insider account required).
- Alternatively, visit the UUP dump website
- Scroll down to find out the latest Windows build such as 19044.1263
- Click on the latest build> Choose Language
- Select the editions of Windows 10
- Now choose the “Download and convert to ISO”
- Create a download package > Create Bootable drive
For step by step guide, you can read our Windows 11 ISO download guide.