Microsoft is continuing with the small function updates for Windows 10 (Pro and Home). The package KB5003791 enables Windows 10 2004, 20H1 or 21H1 into Windows 10 21H2 19044, still based on the “Vibranium” code. They have released a new, non-security-relevant update (recently called the preview update) as KB5011831 for download. The update increases the version number to Windows 10 21H2 19044.1645. This update also fixes problems in Windows 10. The update is rolling out to everyone. The update itself is optional and the changes will then be integrated into the security-relevant update.
Windows 10 will be supported until October 2025 and it is expected that Microsoft will continue on the basis of Windows 10 19041 until then. Now Microsoft has officially released the Packages in the Release Preview channel, so it looks, like all upcoming updates that are provided for Windows 10 2004 to 21H1 will also be for Windows 10 21H2 from now on.
Windows 10 21H2 Update Tracker
April 25: Windows 10 KB5011831 (Build 19044.1682) is now available. It fixes several issues, including one that causes a black screen to be displayed.
April 12: Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 19044.1679 with Startup Time Improve. The update is labelled as KB5011831.
January 11: Microsoft has released the KB5009543 update which upgrades the OS build number to 19044.1466.
December 14: Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB5008212 is now available for all supported versions of Windows 10. It brings miscellaneous security improvements to OS functionality. The build number is 19042.1415.
November 22: Microsoft has released an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 21H2. The OS build is 19044.1387.
November 16: Microsoft has released Windows 10 21H2 19044.1379 Build (KB5007253) to the Release Preview Channel for those Insiders who are on Windows 10.
October 26: A new Build 19044.1320 is now released. It brings improvements from Build 19044.1319 and fixes a known issue that prevented the successful installation of printers using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
October 19: A new update KB5006738 is now available for Windows 10. The update makes build number 19044.1319. It adds a new feature that facilitates certain cross-browser data transfers
September 23: Now you can get Windows 10 21H2 19044.1263 Build to the Release Preview Channel with KB5005611 patch update. If you are already running Windows 10 version 21H2, then you will update (KB5005611) automatically.
August 31: Microsoft has released an updated version of the KB5005101 patch that fixes the Windows Update issue. It also changes the version number to Windows 10 21H2 19044.1202. In addition, Windows 10 21H2 official ISO images are now available to download.
August 18: Microsoft has released 21H2 Build 19044.1200 (KB5005101) to the Release Preview Channel.
July 20: Windows 10, version 21H2 Build 19044.1149 (KB5004296) has been released to the Preview Channel. Microsoft has updated the non-security-relevant update, KB5004296, again and this changes the version number to Windows 10 19044.1149, 19043.1149, 19042.1149 and 19041.1149.
June 15: Microsoft has released 21H2 Build 19044.1147 (KB5004296) to the Release Preview Channel. This increases the version number to the version number on Windows 10 19044.1147, 19043.1147, 19042.1147 or 19041.1147.
Windows 10 21H2 ISO new features are
- Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows deployments for machine learning and other compute-intensive workflows.
- Windows Hello for Business supports simplified passwordless deployment models for achieving a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes
- Added a new policy that creates generic strings and removes branding-specific terms, for example, “Windows” or “PC”, for IoT Enterprise editions.
- Added support for the cancellation of daylight savings time for the Republic of Fiji for 2021
- It packs an option to set up an IPv4 maximum transmission unit that is less than 576 bytes on an interface.
- Added the –cd argument to wsl.exe to determine a Windows or Linux path as a starting directory for WSL.
How to Get Windows 10 21H2 Update?
Earlier, Microsoft was rolling out Windows 10 21H2 Build to those Insiders through “seeker” experience in Windows Update. Now Windows 10 version 21H2 is available for all users with devices running Windows 10 2004 or higher. This means to get the 21H2 version you have to visit Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Finally, they can choose to download and install 21H2.
Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO
- Visit Microsoft’s official direct link to get the 21H2 ISO image.
- Under the “Create Windows 10 installation media” section tap on the “Download tool now” option.
- Now “MediaCreationTool21H2.exe” executable file will be downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the latest ISO Build.
- Visit the UUP Dump website
- Scroll down to find out the latest Windows build such as 19044.1682
- Click on the latest build> Choose Language
- Select the editions of Windows 10
- Now choose the “Download and convert to ISO”
- Create a download package > Create a Bootable drive
For step by step guide, you can read our Windows 11 ISO download guide.