Are you using a Windows 11 PC or laptop but not able to enjoy all the features of this operating system due to Windows being idle? Or receiving activation error during the activation process? If yes then first of all calm down as the solution of that problem is briefly described in this blog with a complete tutorial. There are many types of activation errors that can appear on newly installed Windows 11 PC or laptops. When the system is upgraded to Windows 11, the newly installed operating system will fetch all product key information and activation from the previous operating system. All the recovered information is then saved on a Microsoft server, along with your PC information. Activation error generally appears when a clean installation of Windows is done by the user for the first time.
Windows 11 Activation Error Codes and their solutions
Activating Windows 11 operating system has become very easy. Either the key is anchored in the device (BIOS) and you don’t have to enter anything. Or for a new installation, you simply skip entering the key and the hardware ID automatically reactivates Windows 11. But it can of course also happen that the activation fails with an error message. The most common errors here are 0xC004C003 0xD0000272, 0xC0000272, 0xc004C012, 0xC004C013, 0xC004C014. You don’t have to worry here. Because only the activation server cannot be reached here. As soon as this is available again, Windows 11 will then be activated automatically.
1. Windows 11 Error 0x80004005
- This error appears when there is a problem.
- Here you should call up the troubleshooting under Settings -> Update and Security -> Activation and let it run through.
2. Windows 11 Error 0x803f7001, 0x800704cF
- The entered license (key) is not valid. Check it again by entering it again via Settings -> Windows Update -> Activation.
- If the hardware was changed beforehand, or there is another problem, then the troubleshooting is to be used as described here.
3. Windows 11 Error 0xC004E003
- Installed software has changed system files. This can cause the activation to be lost.
- The only thing that helps here is to find out and uninstall the software.
- If the software was only recently installed, a backup is sufficient to restore it.
Note: This error message can also appear if the key was tried to activate Windows 11 on several PCs. Then the key is invalidated.
This can happen if a Windows 11 key was bought cheaply on the Internet. Then you have to contact the seller. Often a volume license is sold here, which then leads to this error message. Usually, a retail or OEM key is sold.
4. Windows 11 Error 0xC004F034 and 0xC004F074
- The product key is invalid or suitable for a different version. Check your installed version again and enter the key.
- This error message can also appear if it is activation via a KMS server. (Company version).
- The error message 0xC004F074 appears very often when it comes to a “cheap” key (volume license) from the network for a few euros. Often associated with the error message, “A Key Management Service (KMS) could not be reached.”
5. Windows 11 Error 0xC004F210, 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210
- The Windows 11 key does not match the installed Windows 11 version
- After an update, the version does not match the saved digital license.
- Here you should run the troubleshooting via Settings -> Windows Update -> Troubleshooting or Activation.
6. Windows 11 Error 0xC004FC03 0x8007267C 0x87e10bc6
- The device is not connected to the internet. Blocked by a firewall or the activation server is temporarily unavailable.
- Check your internet access and firewall settings
7. Windows 11 Error 0xC004E028
- This error message appears when the activation is in progress.
- After a short wait and restart, Windows 11 should be activated.
8. Windows 11 Error 0xD0000272, 0xC0000272, 0xc004C012, 0xC004C013, 0xC004C014
- The activation server is currently unavailable.
- The only thing that helps here is to wait. Windows 11 should be activated by the next day at the latest, as the activation will then be carried out automatically.
9. Windows 11 Error 0xC004C008, 0xC004C770, 0x803FA071 0xC004C020
- The Windows 11 key is already being used on another PC.
- This error message appears very often if you have bought a “cheap key” (volume license) online.
- The only thing that helps here is activation by telephone or contacting Microsoft Support. In the worst case, buying a new key.
10. Windows 11 Error 0xC004F00F
- This error message appears if you have entered an Enterprise Key but only installed the Home or Pro.
11. Windows 11 Error 0x80072F8F
- The date and time from the PC do not match the correct display.
- Time is not correct How to correct it Windows 11.
12. Other error messages
You may also see below error codes below:
0xC004C003, 0xC004C060, 0xC004C4A2, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C001, 0xC004C004, 0xC004F004, 0xC004C007, 0xC004F005, 0xC004C004, 0x10C004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC004, 0xC04, 0xC004, 0xCF04, 0xC004, 0xCF04, 0xCF04, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C004, 0xC004C010
- The installed Windows version does not match the Windows 11 key entered. Check if the installed version is the right one.
- The activation server can be busy. Wait a while and try again.
- If nothing helps, you should contact Microsoft support.