If you have installed Windows 11 in the first test version Microsoft has released a major update that fixes many errors but also introduces new functions. In our previous article, we have discussed how we can create a bootable USB drive using Rufus and also explained the Media creation tool so that you can install the latest windows build easily.
Windows 11: The new Start menu gets a search field
Microsoft has changed a lot in Windows 11, including new designs and implemented new functions. The new start menu in particular is a source of enthusiasm for some users, while others just want the old version back. If you have already installed Windows 11 in the preview, you will now be offered the version in Build 22000.65 as an update (source: Windows Blog ). In this version, the start menu has a search field.
Improvements to the new Windows 11 preview:
- Search field activated in the start menu.
- Taskbar can be displayed on multiple monitors.
- System warning dialogs were introduced.
- Refresh can now be achieved directly with a right-click on the desktop.
- Snap layouts have been optimized for smaller displays.
- GIF selection has been increased (China).
- Sound problems can be resolved using the volume icon in the system tray.
Also, Microsoft has fixed many errors in Windows 11 that appeared in the first test version and were reported by users. Microsoft has also fixed the dangerous “PrintNightmare” security bug. The update should be installed to be safe from the “PrintNightmare” bug.
When final Windows 11 will be released?
Microsoft will keep releasing new test builds of Windows 11 in the coming weeks and months, in which new functions and bug fixes will be applied. Already Microsoft said during the presentation that everything will not be included in the first test versions. The final version should release on October 20, 2021.