Several users reported that when they upgrade to Windows 11, they face the Windows 11 battery drain issue. Many users say the Windows 11 laptop drains the battery even after the shutdown. Microsoft added some new features and upgraded some software on Windows 11. Every software upgrade or new feature comes with some bugs; due to this, there may be a battery drain issue in your Windows 11 laptop.
This blog will discuss how to improve battery life in your Windows 11 laptop. You can get more battery life from your laptop’s battery in several ways. Loading many background apps and using high brightness consume lots of battery power. Also, hardware processing drains battery power as well.
7 Ways to Fix Battery Draining Issue in Windows 11 Laptop
- Turn on the Battery Saver.
- Update your Windows.
- Reduce Screen Brightness.
- Enable Background Running Apps.
- Use Windows 11 Dark Theme.
- Optimise Video Playback.
- Run the Power troubleshooter.
Method 1: Turn on the Battery Saver
Windows 11 has its battery saver mode to help you increase your system’s battery life. When you turn on the battery saver mode, it automatically adjusts the screen brightness, Background activity to save your battery life. Now, follow our given step to turn on the Battery Saver.
- Open your Settings by pressing the Windows +I key.
- Click on the Power & Battery option.
- In the Battery saver, turns on the Toggle button manually.
Method 2: Update your Windows
Using outdated Windows can lead to many bugs and issues, which can cause the battery to drain quickly. So, you can update Windows to the latest version and fix the battery drain issue. Follow our instructions step by step and update your windows.
- Press the Windows + I key to open settings.
- Click the Windows update option on the left side panel.
- Now, tap on the Check for updates.
- If any update is available, download and install the latest windows 11 updates from the Microsoft server.
- After completing the download and installation process, you need to restart your laptop to Apply them.
Method 3: Reduce Screen Brightness
Your Display is the most power-consuming component on your Windows laptop. So, if you want to improve battery efficiency, try to reduce screen brightness. Now, follow our steps.
- Open settings by pressing Windows + I key.
- Go to System settings and then click Display.
- Now, use the slider of brightness to adjust the brightness of the device.
Method 4: Disable Background Running Apps
Running too many apps on your laptop’s background can drain your battery life. So, disable the background running apps to reduce the battery drain issue on Windows 11.
- Open your Settings by pressing Windows + I key.
- In the system, click on Power & battery.
- Expand the battery usage, and now you can see the apps that might consume more battery in the background.
- Select the apps you allow to manage the background activity by clicking the three-dot icon and Manage background activity.
- In the settings of the app, change the background app’s permission.
Method 5: Use Windows 11 Dark Theme
If you use the darker theme, it consumes less battery power. So, follow our method to use Dark Theme in your Windows 11 laptop.
- Open Windows 11 Settings by pressing Windows + I key and selecting Personalisation.
- Change the wallpaper to darker in the Background section.
- Click on Colors to switch between light and dark modes for Windows.
- If you want to change every part of the Windows 11 interface, click on Themes.
Method 6: Optimise Video Playback
If you use it for streaming videos or movies on your laptop, you optimise the video playback settings to save more battery life.
- Open Settings by pressing Windows + I key on your Windows 11 laptop.
- Go to Apps and click on the Video Playback option in the left menu.
- Next, go to the Battery Options and select optimise for battery life.
- When you use your laptop on battery, enable Play video at a lower resolution.
Method 7: Run the Power troubleshooter
In this method, we can Run a power troubleshooter on Windows 11 laptop and try to increase the battery life.
- Press Windows + I and open your Settings.
- In the System section, click on Troubleshoot.
- Select other troubleshooting options.
- Now, you can see a list of available troubleshooters.
- Locate and select the power option and click on run the start the troubleshooting process.
- Now, allow Windows and suggest any possible solution.
We hope your battery drain issue will be solved and improve your battery life in your Windows 11 laptop.