One of the best known and most universally used tools to update Windows is called Media Creation Tool. The Microsoft tool always downloads the latest version of Windows 11 which is the operating system installation image containing the latest feature update. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool is an official free tool by Microsoft to upgrade your edition of Windows 10, 8 or 8.1 to an 11 edition. The application, easy to use, is in the form of a wizard that allows you either to perform the update directly or to create a USB drive or a bootable DVD to install the new version of the operating system. So, what is Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and how it can help to create installation media? Let’s find out in this article.
Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
- MediaCreationToolW11.exe Direct Link: Click Here
- You can Get Windows 11 ISO Here.
For downloading the Media Creation Tool an internet connection is mandatory, preferably of very good quality because the file to download is very heavy. The Windows 11 Media Creation Tool can be downloaded from the official page by clicking on the Download tool now button. It allows you to create Windows 11 installation media from any version of Windows.
The tool also allows you to create a DVD for the installation of Windows 11 and to download the ISO image of the operating system which also contains the installation media for the Windows 11 operating system. It should be noted that the Media Creation Tool is updated regularly. This way you can be sure that you will always be installing the latest version of Windows. For that, you must download Media Creation Tool just before using it. This will have the effect of avoiding the long and tedious updates that can occur when installing a version of Windows that is too old (and for which Windows Update must catch up with updates).
- A license to install Windows 11 or a Windows 10 PC that qualifies for an upgrade to Windows 11.
- Make sure you have a 64-bit CPU and meets system requirements.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Sufficient data storage on the computer, USB etc.
- USB drive with at least 8GB to create a bootable disc. You should use a blank USB because during installation any content on it will be deleted.
How to Use Windows Media 11 Media Creation Tool
At first, open the Media Creation Tool, you will have to accept the license conditions by clicking on Accept button. With this tool, you can create an installation media such as a DVD or a USB drive or an ISO file, which you can then use to install Windows 11 on another PC/Laptops.
If you want to create an installation medium, i.e. a USB flash drive or a DVD, you need to choose the first option “USB flash drive”. During the process, select the language, the edition (Windows 11 Home or Pro). Now the installation disk/drive will be created. follow the below steps:
- Run to Windows 11 Media Creation tool.
- Accept Terms and Conditions.
- Select language and edition.
- Tick “Use the recommended options for this PC”.
- Choose the USB flash drive option (It needs to be at least 8GB).
- Now select your flash drive.
- Select “Finish” in order to create the USB installation drive.
Perform Windows 11 upgrade with Installation Assistant
- You can download Windows 11 Installation assistant tool here.
Make sure you have a Windows 10 license and your PC is running on Windows 10, version 2004 or higher. The Windows 11 Installation assistant tool helps you to install Windows 11 as an upgrade on your PC.
You need to run the tool as an Administrator account. The tool will first check device compatibility, after which you have to accept terms and conditions.
The tool then downloads Windows 11 and then checks the downloaded data. Then the message appears that “We are getting things ready for you”. All in all, the process can take several hours, depending on your internet speed.
Leave a Reply